A super tasty plant-based dish that is also gluten-free. It cooks in no time and is perfect for a midweek meal.
- 1 kg of frozen green peas
- One tin of chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- One large onion diced
- 2 – 3 carrots sliced (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- A handful of fresh dill chopped or 1 tsp dried
- 150 ml of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice or couscous or pasta
- A pinch of chopped fresh dill (optional)
- A few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- A pinch of paprika (optional)
Dice the onion, slice the carrots and chop the fresh dill. Keep some dill to serve with when cooked.
Wiz the chopped tomatoes if you prefer a smoother sauce consistency.
Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onions on low heat for 5 minutes.
Season with the salt and pepper.
When the onions are soft and translucent, add the frozen peas and the carrots. Stir gently for a minute.
Add the tinned tomatoes, the dill, the water, and bring to a boil.
Stir and cover.
Allow to cook for 30 minutes or until the peas and the carrots are soft.
Remove the lid 5 minutes before it finishes cooking for the sauce to thicken.
I like to accompany this dish with rice because it is gluten-free, but it tastes equally lovely over pasta or couscous.
Sprinkle on top some fresh dill, paprika, and drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Have you ever made this dish? What plant-based easy meals you cook often?
Share in the comments below or get in touch with me on Twitter @elenadaniilidou .